Yoga has been a living tradition of spiritual teaching for five thousand years. Here, readers will discover the wisdom of millennia and learn to live yoga .
This book contains the best of Yoga Journal : the most outstanding interviews, essays, illustrations and photographs. It offers the promise of hatha yoga exercise for health, and the yoga approach to diet and nutrition. He teaches meditation as an antidote to stress and a path to consciousness. It explores the yoga of love and devotion in relationships; karma yoga, the way to work; and tantra yoga, the path of ritual, creativity and sexuality.
• Authorized contributors and large-scale themes include:
• Ram Dass on life as a service
• Joan Borysenko on the healing power of love
• Larry Dossey on illusions on the body
• Judith Lasater on asanas or postures of hatha yoga
• Thich Nhat Hanh on the nature of suffering of meditation
• Frances Vaughan on the field of understanding between psychotherapy and spirituality
• Daniel Coleman on early warning signs to detect spiritual abuse
• John Welwood on the spiritual relations
• Georg Feuerstein on sacred sexuality
• Jacob Needleman on money and the way
• Joanna Macy on the care of the earth
Also illustrated, Living Yoga celebrates a new vision of life for spiritual seekers. Beginners will find an accessible and thorough overview of the subject; Advanced practitioners will remember once again the value and promise of yoga. Used book in good condition